Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 14 2011

Lately I have been working out 4 days a week.  Monday thru Thursday.  After class I go straight to work for an hour and then I have a long lunch break where I am able to take my time and get my workout in.  Like most people I have good days and bad days.  On a bad day I only jog and don’t go in the weight room.  On a good day I will get a full body workout with cardio as well.  One of the main things that motivate me is one of my heroes, Fran Crippen.  Fran tragically drowned early this year while competing at an international open water competition.  The Fran Crippen elevation foundation was started in his honor and is now a national charity with the goal of helping under privileged athletes fulfills their swimming dreams.  One of his favorite quotes came from Steve Prefontaine.  To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”  I wear this quote on my wrist every day I work out.  And if I start feeling sluggish I just think of Fran.
What helps motivate you to give your best?

Below is a workout that I did yesterday June 14th.
10 minutes of stretching before I work out
30 minutes of jogging
3 sets of each: 10,8,&6
Biceps
Triceps
Benching
Lat pull down
Horizontal rows
Shoulder Shrugs
Total workout time was 1:15 minutes
GETTING SWOLL

9 comments:

  1. My motivation -- especially to work out, is knowing how I will feel when I'm done. I love the feeling of accomplishment and being awake and alert. I used to go to the gym in the morning, everyday, just to wake myself up so that I will be ready for my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My motivation to working out is to see how it will help when in the long run. If I don't think that I accomplished what I needed to, then I didn't work out hard enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Motivation comes from that little voice inside of you that knows what you're doing is a positive thing. You're always thinking of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My motivation comes from the feeling that i get after working out. The soreness after the workout makes me realize that i did accomblish something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have trouble motivating myself to be honest. I feel like a good nights sleep is usually the best answer. I can do anything on a good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My motivation stems from knowing I will look and feel much better after I have worked out. A lot of the time, I must eat the right foods in order to even want to work out. If I do not take care of myself, then I usually do not want to hit the gym. I find that when someone watches what they eat, the motivation to get their body moving comes more naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My motivation when I work out is knowing that it helps me be fit and healthy. I am also motivated by knowing that working out makes me a better rider/equestrian. Somedays it's hard to find time to workout, but if I think of these things it definitely helps keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My motivation comes from the thought of how I will feel and look after working out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Working out with a partner helps me more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete